I’m extremely grateful for the beautiful weather we’ve been experiencing here in FL…sipping on this Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte, infused with berry flavor and blended with my favorite Zulay Kitchen Milk Boss electric frother. I use this frother every morning to quickly and easily blend my protein shakes but, as you can see it’s versatility comes in handy for so many recipes!
In addition to the yummy taste (and I am normally not a tea or coffee drinker). Matcha has some incredible benefits, especially for women.
1. It’s loaded with antioxidants
2. You’ll get more energy than you would from other teas
3. You won’t feel as jittery as you would from a cup of coffee
4. It can help in making you significantly more productive
5. It may promote healthier cholesterol levels
6. It can strengthen your bones
7. It can be more filling than a cup of coffee or brewed tea
8. May help protect the liver
9. Boosts brain function
10. May promote heart health
11. Helps you lose weight
Ingredients: 1 heaping teaspoon matcha powder 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk 1/4 cup hot water 3 sliced strawberries Honey or agave to taste if you want to sweeten (I don’t generally use any) Directions: 1 Heat pan and bring milk to simmer. Froth the milk using the @zulaykitchen Milk Boss frother. 2. Bring water to a boil then let sit and cool for a few minutes (I just heat water in microwave). 3. In a mug, mix the water with matcha powder until it’s dissolved. 4. Slowly add milk to the mug and stir (I again use the @zulaykitchen frother to mix) 5. Add lots of ice and if you want to sweeten add honey or agave to taste
Matcha health benefits Research: Healthline and WomensMag